Diphenhydramine inhibits the activity of specific chemical carriers, H1 histamine receptors, that are responsible for vomiting/nausea, blockage, inflammation, itching, as well as other symptoms of allergy.
How to Take Dramamine?
- Dramamine tablets are available in the type of 50 mg dental tablet as well as 50mg chewable tablets.
- Dramamine should be eaten at least half an hour before traveling to stop the occurrence of motion sickness. Dramamine can be taken with or without food.
- Do not crush/chew or powder the oral tablet.
- The chewable tablet must be chewed before ingesting it.
Common Dosage of Dramamine
- The typical grown-up dose for treatment of motion sickness is around 50-100 mg, to be taken a minimum of thirty minutes prior to traveling.
- The dose might be repeated every 4 to six hours according to need.
- Maximum dosage, 400mg daily.
When to Prevent Dramamine and Precautions to Take?
- Do not take Dramamine if you are allergic to its components.
- Dramamine should not be used in kids under two years of age.
- Always notify your medical professional if you deal with a breathing issue such as emphysema or chronic respiratory disease.
- Always inform your medical professional if you are dealing with glaucoma.
- Constantly inform your doctor if you have a problem with passing pee because of a bigger prostate gland.
When are the Effects/Results Seen?
The time for the start of the activity is 15-30 minutes, and a period of result for Dramamine is 4-6 hours.
Storage Requirements for Dramamine
- Store at area temperature, away from heat and direct sunlight.
- Avoid the reach of children as well as pets.
Pro Tips When Taking Dramamine
- Constantly take in the medicine a minimum of half an hour before traveling.
- Do not consume in doses larger or smaller than that prescribed by your doctor.
- Avoid taking alcohol while consuming Dramamine.
- After taking Dramamine, if your symptoms get worse, contact your physician quickly.