I’ve been AWOL from the blog for 2 months now. No good excuses here, just springtime and other things on my mind. It’s too bad too, since springtime is when most people start thinking about getting into better shape. Well have no fear, real posts are coming. For today, however, we have a recap of everything awesome in fitness you might have missed in the last 2 months.
- Fit2Fat2Fit Trainer Drew Manning Back in Original Form (Yahoo) – This trainer put on 70 lbs on purpose, to see what it was like. He lost it all again and is ripped as ever.
- “What do you eat?” A peek into the diets of some of the best bodies I know… (Jen Comas Keck) - Amazing how many different diets work for people. Frequent themes: low(er) carb, unprocessed foods, sometimes fasting. Get on it.
- Top 8 Most Common Reactions to Your Grain-Free Diet and How to Respond (Mark Sisson) – Really stellar article on grain-free diets. Mark covers all the common “OMG!” questions.
- Top 7 Most Common Reactions to Your High-Fat Diet and How to Respond (Mark Sisson) – Same treatment for high fat diet questions. Mark covers all the bases, so you don’t have to.
- LIES In The Gym – Covers lots of common gym “wisdom” that is actually false. I’ve covered most of it before, but it’s worth covering again!
- 12 Reasons You’re Not Losing Fat (Jason Ferruggia) – Even I learned something from this one. Ferruggia is on point, as usual.
- What’s the Best Muscle Building Workout Split (Jason Ferruggia) – Spoiler alert: total body training!
- New York Plans to Ban Sale of Big Sizes of Sugary Drinks (NYTimes) – Good though, bad precedent, in my opinion. All fun and games until they ban saturated fat, and I have to move.
- Are You A Yapping Shih Tzu? (Chris Shugart) – “Hey, you look great! You deserve a Big Mac!” …is like saying: “Hey, you look healthy. You deserve a cigarette!” Makes no sense!
“Hey, you look great! You deserve a Big Mac!”
…is like saying:
“Hey, you look healthy. You deserve a cigarette!”
- How I Got Ripped At 500 Startups (Dick Talens) – Basically fitness for business people. Looking for fitness ROI? Dick Talens lays it down.