So many wisdoms to share this week! Remember, you can get all of these as I encounter them if you follow me on twitter. I’m also thinking about posting more of them on the Facebook page as well, so LIKE to follow in real time.
- Stupid Fears About Protein - Misinformation about protein abounds. Will it make me fat? Kill my kidneys? Make me get huge? I’m busting protein myths in this post.
- Motivation & Small Steps: The Precision Nutrition Method - Why is the fitness industry failing at client compliance? Why aren’t people making progress? Maybe we’re approaching it wrong. Start small.
- Love Without The Handles, Part 2 (Jen Comas Keck) – Second part of a nice series on getting fit while in a relationship and not driving each other to madness. Can be surprisingly difficult, even if both parties are fairly on board. Love the “safe word” idea!
- The Red Meat Scare: What Do We Make Of It? (Jonny Bowden) – Jonny is slashing through media hysterics, as usual. The “red meat will kill you” research really wasn’t anything of the sort.
- 7 Ways To Minimize CNS Fatigue (Jason Ferruggia) – This one’s for the more advanced (or at least consistent) folks. If you’re feeling rundown, try these tips.
- Cardio, The Dirty Word (Neghar Fonooni) – Neghar hates cardio, and she looks amazing. Gasp. How? Lots of conditioning intervals. If you are a regular reader, you’ve heard this before.
- Band Assisted One Arm Pushups: A Better Alternative (Shon Grosse) – Very cool pushup progression. Helpful if you have trouble loading your pushups.
- Unconventional Exercises for Scapular Stability (Dean Somerset) – Scapular stability isn’t just external rotations (maybe not at all…)
- The Power Of 3 Program (Ben Bruno via T-Nation) – Very simple total body training program. Reminds me of vintage Waterbury.
- The Tabata Myth (Mark Young via Robertson Training Systems) – As I mentioned in my Tabata article, you aren’t really doing “tabata”. Good post.