I share wisdom this morning while watching the Syracuse – K-State game, so forgive me any typos. I really feel like I should be pulling for Cuse in this one (future ACC team, closest thing to a college team NYC has), but I’m struggling to get excited about it.
Anyway. The wisdom:
- Take A Vacation From Your Diet? (Jonny Bowden) – Even intermittent low carb dieting (a couple days a week) worked better than full-time calorie restriction in this study. Cool.
- Fixing the Problem: 3 Simple Fixes for Common Issues (Dean Somerset) – Great troubleshooting for rows, split squats, and single leg deadlifts, which you probably aren’t doing very well.
- You Don’t Have To Be A Loser (Ben Bruno via T-Nation) – Are genetics holding you back? Doesn’t matter if you get progress-based goals.
- 5 Questions With A Girl Gone Strong (Interview with Jen Comas Keck) – Nice interview with JCK on girls going strong. I love this movement. Follow Girls Gone Strong on Facebook!
- Going From Point A to Point B (Dan John via T-Nation) – Nice article on goal-setting.
- Single-Leg Training Modifications for Knee Pain (Ben Bruno via T-Nation) – Got knee pain? Don’t let it stop you training lower-body!
- 5 Ways To Improve Or Maintain Your Athleticism (Jason Ferruggia) – Good article for the aging (or just no longer in college…) athlete/weekend warrior.