- Two Nutritional Commandments Challenged – It’s long been commonly held wisdom that to get shredded you had to eat frequently and eat very low carb. Smart people now think that might not necessarily be the case.
- The Trap Bar Deadlift(Adam Vogel via T-Nation) – Great article on this underused exercise. For most people, trap bar deads are the way to go (over straight bar).
- No Paula, say it ain’t dough (Jerry Naughton) – Funny but accurate article on why Paula Deen got diabetes. Hint: it wasn’t the butter (like the media would have you believe), it was the sugar.
- Here’s A Male Perspective On High Heels (Dean Somerset) – Mostly just a fitness perspective on high heels. Another hint: not good for you.
- The “Boring But Big” 3-Month Challenge (Jim Wendler via T-Nation) – I made the best strength and muscle gains of my life on Jim’s 5/3/1 program. This variation will be my next program (starting next month).
- 12 Reasons You’re Not Losing Fat (Jason Ferruggia) – Jason’s a no-BS guy. This article nails it.
- How To Perform The Human Flag(Al Kavadlo via T-Nation) – Human flags are one of the most burly bodyweight feats you can accomplish. Kavadlo is a crazy guy.
And some food for thought: