It’s been a while since I did one of these, so we have lots of great links today!
If you can only read one (ok 3):
Posts by me:
- Favorite Fitness Apps – my two favorite online fitness apps, plus an invite code for one of them!
- Can’t Prove It: Bodyweight Training For Fat Loss – I can’t prove that bodyweight training is better for fat loss, but I’ve got a hunch…
- Simple, Not Easy – Getting the body you want is simple, but that doesn’t mean it’s necessarily going to be easy.
Posts by others:
- A House Divided (Kellie Davis via Tony Gentilcore) – Great post about Kellie’s struggle to share fitness with the people she loves.
- Women: Running Into Trouble (John Keifer via EliteFTS) – Not only is prolonged distance running not helping you reach your goals (probably), it’s not healthy either. Plus one of the citations is by one of my old professors from Carolina!
- Favorite Glute Exercises from the Most Masculine Men (Bret Contreras) – Men generally overlook their glutes, much to the detriment of their squats and deadlifts, and much to the dismay of the ladies.
- Don’t You Think You Look Tiny? A Psychological Look Into the Female Brain (Tony Gentilcore) – One girl gets fit. Another girl makes snarky comments about it. It is the way of things, sadly.
- Coffee Consumption and Health, Part 1 & Part 2 (Brian St. Pierre via EricCressey.com) – Coffee is good for you! Just what we all wanted to hear.
- The Myth Of Symmetrical Programs (Mike Robertson) – Symmetrical programs (equal push and pull movements) only work for symmetrical people. Changes are you aren’t symmetrical and need more pulling.
- New Cholesterol Guidelines: Utter Madness (Dr. Jonny Bowden) – The feds (aka drug companies) want kids cholesterol screened starting at age 9. It is madness. Plus cholesterol isn’t bad for you… Take it away Dr. Jonny.
- Inside the Cult of Crossfit (Grant Stoddard via Men’s Health) – Interesting article that goes inside Crossfit. My CF article might be my most controversial ever…