It’s a cold, snowy day here in Manhattan, but there’s football on TV and stew bubbling on the stove (making the apartment smell great). Perfect blogging conditions.
- Healthy Foods That Aren’t, Part 3 – More faux-health foods. Stay away.
- How’s That Workin For Ya? - Is your fitness program (and dedication) really meeting your goals?
A whole (free) e-book from Precision Nutrition:
- Experiments with Intermittent Fasting - Really nice overview of multiple IF options. Read it online or download the PDF.
- Does it hurt? (Mike Boyle) – If it only hurts when you run, stop running!
- Maximize Protein Synthesis (Bill Willis & John Meadows via T-Nation) – A good recap of peri-workout nutrition.
- Losing Fat With Simple Food (Stephan Guyenet) – Simple, low reward diets work.
- Why a personal trainer is making himself fat on purpose (Yahoo) – Drew Manning is making himself fat (then losing it all) to get more into his client’s mindset. He’s up 70 lbs. His site is here: http://www.fit2fat2fit.com/ . Looking forward to the rest of the journey. Very interesting.
- Front Squats Made Easier (Ben Bruno via T-Nation) – Love front squats. Good tips in this article on getting the most out of them (and making them more comfortable).
- FDA Assaults Supplements (Dr. Jonny Bowden) – Once again, the FDA, pockets full of drug company money, are trying to kill supplements.
- Another Study Says “No Problem” With Dietary Fat (Dr. Jonny Bowden) – We already know it, but it’s nice to hear again. Eat your fat.
- How The Fitness Industry Talks to Women (Emily Socolinsky) – Great post about the failure of the fitness industry for women.
- Myths and Facts About Your Lipid Profile (Jim LaValle) – Technical article. Just read the bold parts if it’s too much for you.
- 10 Ways to Make your Workout More Fantastic (Dean Somerset) – 10 good tips for getting more out of your workout