Hope everyone enjoyed their holiday weekend. I obviously did, since I didn’t prepare any posts for the past week. Luckily, lots of other people were more productive, so we have a good crop.
If you can only read one:
- I Don’t Want to Get Big and Bulky: Fitness Marketing and its Effect on Women (JCD Fitness) – Pretty much what it says. Women are being lied to from nearly every fitness channel, which is one of the reasons they aren’t getting the results they want.
- Healthy Foods That Aren’t, Part 2 – Granola bars, sports drinks, and flavored yogurt, Oh My! Don’t get swindled.
- Deadlift (Mike Robertson) – Extremely comprehensive deadlift overview. The why and the how. Excellent. Must read.
- Extreme Makeover: Deadlift Edition (Tony Gentilcore) – Tony fixes a really awful deadlift. Great tips and coaching. Another must read for any deadlifter.
- 5 Reasons To Love Cholesterol (Real Food Forager) – Cholesterol is wrongly demonized by today’s health/media complex. This article will set you straight. See also: Stop Hating Eggs.
- 19 Days to ShredsVille – Population: You (Tony Gentilcore) – Only Tony could come up with a title like that. It’s a basic overview of getting max fat loss in 19 days. If you were really serious about it, I’d probably recommend the V-Diet, but this is a good middle ground.
- Liposuction and Fat Regain (Whole Health Source) – “when you surgically remove fat, total fat mass “catches up” to animals that had no fat removed”. Evidence for body’s active regulation of fat mass. It’s all about hormones.
- Vitamin D and Diabetes: Is There a Link? (Dr. Jonny Bowden) – Yes! Another reason to take Vitamin D. Here are some more.
- The Blood Sugar Factor: Glycemic Index vs Glycemic Load (Jonny Bowden) – I’ve been planning to write something like this for a while. Know which to trust.