If You Can Only Read One:
- Katey Loses 100lbs, Rediscovers Herself (Precision Nutrition) – This incredible transformation story is emotionally charged and well worth the read. Extremely motivating.
- MyPlate Improves On The Food Pyramid (Marginally) - The USDA’s new MyPlate has replaced the food pyramid. Despite some flaws, it’s definitely a step in the right direction.
- Green Tea Supplements, Metabolic Syndrome and Obesity (Dr. Jonny Bowden) – High consumption of green tea, or a green tea supplement, can help with fat loss.
- The Curse Of The Slow Mirror (Chris Shugart) – Your day to day physique changes are often too slow to notice in the mirror. Stick with weekly or bi-weekly progress photos.
- Bodyweight Redux (John Romaniello) – 3 great ways to use bodyweight training to help meet your goals.
- Should You Always Use a Full Range of Motion? & Part 2 (Jason Ferruggia) – Nope, and here’s when you shouldn’t. I learned a lot from this one.
- The Best Damn Push-Ups Article, Period! (Bret Contreras & Elsbeth Vaino via T-Nation) – We should all be doing more pushups. This article covers basic setup (maybe not how you traditionally do it) through advanced variations.
- Perfecting the 1-Legged RDL (Tony Gentilcore) – Advice on performing this advanced single-leg exercise correctly
- Straight-Bar vs Hex Bar Deadlift (Bret Contreras) – Hex-bar is safer and a more complete leg developer. Straight-bar is a better posterior chain (glutes, hamstrings) builder.