It’s been a unique 10 days for the blog. My girlfriend was in town for a week, which always slows my blogging. However, it was also open-call-for-outdoor-fitness-posts at Dailyburn Life, so I wrote two posts for that, one which ran there and one which I posted here. So instead of no posts, which is what normally happens during a girlfriend visit, I managed to get two up. Lucky you.
- Playground Strength & Conditioning – A post I originally wrote for Dailyburn Life, this one got posted here when Dailyburn beat me to the punch with another article on the same topic. Still, this ended up being my most popular post in recent memory.
- Total Body Training with Loaded Carries (at Dailyburn Life) – Loaded carries can offer great marginal benefits in strength and fat loss when added to a lifting program. Plus you can do them in the grass (if you don’t live in NYC like me).
- Where My Ladies At? (Bret Contreras) – Lots of videos of strong ladies lifting heavy things and looking good doing it.
- Multivitamin Benefits Stress and Mental Function (Dr. Jonny Bowden) – Take one
- In Defense Of Cheat Days (John Romaniello) – If you’re in a strict dietary phase, a cheat day could be to your benefit.
- Pallof Press Circuit (Dean Somerset) – I use tons of Pallof presses in my training. One of the best ab/core exercises.
- The Naked Gym (Chris Shugart) - How would your approach to diet and training change if all gyms required that you train naked? Or if you had to be naked all the time. No more hiding!
- Louis Vuitton and Love Handles (Dean Somerset) – Emotional shopping and fitness results
- Is Bodyweight Training Effective For Building Muscle? (Jason Ferruggia) – Hint: yes. This dovetails nicely with my playground workout.
- Skinny Fat (Crossfit Southbay) – Really nice post on women who lift and do athletic things. Lots of comparison pictures of skinny (but soft) women vs athletic women.
- Whey Protein Produces Muscle Gain (Dr. Jonny Bowden) – Even more than expensive Casein!
- How To Make Yourself Sick In 7 Easy Steps (Dr. Jonny Bowden) – do the opposite of these things
- 5 Superior Single Leg Exercises (Mike Boyle) – When Boyle speaks, you would do well to listen. He’s forgotten more about fitness than most of us ever learn (assuming he can actually forget things)
- Is Late Night Eating Better for Fat Loss and Health? (Martin Berkhan)
If You Can Only Read One:
- Do You Have Training ADD (Mike Robertson) – Been thinking about doing a post on this myself. Lack of consistency is probably the biggest progress killer there is.