Greetings all. As it has again been two weeks since a “Shared Wisdom” post, we’ve got a lot to cover today. I broke it up by topic for your reading pleasure.
As a side note, I’m working on a post for Dailyburn’s blog, so fingers crossed that they run it! Rest assured I will be sharing the news here if they do.
- Healthy Foods That Aren’t, Part 1 – There are a lot of fake health foods out there. Don’t be fooled by these 5!
- Odds & Ends #1 – A collection of thoughts that weren’t big enough for a whole post but were worthy of sharing
From Others (Nutrition):
- A Metabolic Paradigm Shift, or Why Fat is the Preferred Fuel for Human Metabolism (Mark’s Daily Apple) – A new blog for me. This post is great.
- 5 Surprising Reasons You Blew Your Diet (Shelby Starnes vs T-Nation) – Good article on motivational diet factors. Really a must read.
- High Carb Diets and Breast Cancer Risk (Dr. Jonny Bowden) – yep, there’s a connection
- Food Reward: a Dominant Factor in Obesity, Part V (Whole Health Source) – Part 5 continues the trend of excellence. Stephan is a damn smart guy.
From Others (Exercise):
- Top Exercises For The Rotator Cuff (Tony Gentilcore) – If you aren’t training the RC, you’re asking for injury
- Rotational Training (Bret Contreras) – Another undertrained area (movement pattern really). No, russian twists with a medicine ball do not count.
- High Heels, Deadlifts, and Attitude – Oh My! Part I and Part II (Tony Gentilcore) – Molly and Tony prove (again) that lifting heavy shit makes ladies sexy.
- Proper Rowing Performance (Mike Robertson) – In this video MRob shows how to execute an effective row. No, you probably aren’t doing it right.
- Simple Strength (Mike Robertson) – A great (and yes, simple) program for strength from MRob.
From Others (Misc):
- Big Pharma Exposed Again (Dr. Jonny Bowden) – not good.