I’m going back to the old title for this series of posts, because let’s face it, my weekly recaps were biweekly at best. So until I come up with something more clever (or you do – leave them in the comments), we’re back to shared wisdom. Not that everything on this blog isn’t shared wisdom… it’s not like I’m out there in the lab researching all this stuff myself. Anyway. Wisdom:
- Ease Neck and Shoulder Tension Quickly with Desk Yoga [Video] – I’m not a huge yoga fan, but I’m not a huge sit-hunched-at-desk-all-day fan either. This is a great way to counteract desk posture. I’m trying to do it 3x per day at work.
- 10 Unconventional Upper Body Exercises for Strength and Size (John Gaglione via T-Nation)
- How to Deadlift: Which Variation is Right for You? – Part 3, Trap Bar Deadlift (Eric Cressey) – The trap bar DL is the safest for relative noobs. This article includes links to the other variations as well. Cressey is a deadlift maestro.
- Deadlifts and Disc Herniations: Part 1, Part 2, Part 3 (Dean Somerset) – Great series on coming back from a back injury. Perfect for broken lifters like myself.
- Strengthen Your Core and Loosen Your Hamstrings (Chad Waterbury)
- 5 Most Overrated Exercises (Nick Tumminello via LiveStrong.com)
- My Top 5 Single-Leg Exercises (Eric Cressey)
- My Top Three Metabolic Protocols For People With Knee Pain (Tony Gentilcore) – Airdyne intervals and hill sprints probably make the top 3 regardless of knee pain…
- Shredding for the Wedding: No Bulging Brides Allowed (Dean Somerset) – Getting shredded for your wedding usually becomes a priority much too late in the game, but Dean has you covered
- Food Reward: a Dominant Factor in Obesity, Part II (Whole Health Source)
- More Claptrap from the American Dietetic Association (Dr. Jonny Bowden)
All this and more good stuff on Twitter…