I missed the recap last week while I was travelling, so this week’s is a double dose!
- Crossfit: The Good, The Bad, The Ugly – Crossfit has a very devoted (some say cult-like) following. It’s fans love it, and it’s detractors hate it. Is it the ultimate fitness program, or dangerous and inefficient?
- [Post Of The Week] Does Dietary Saturated Fat Increase Blood Cholesterol? (Whole Health Source) – In depth discussion of whether saturated fat and cholesterol cause heart disease. As I have often stated, the actual research says “not really.” Really nicely done by Stephan at WHS.
- A Reversal On Carbs! (Dr. Jonny Bowden) – Reprint from the LA Times on how mainstream nutrition is finally catching on that sugar and refined grains are the biggest obesity driver, not dietary fats.
- It Ain’t Strength Training Unless You’re Gettin Strong: A Response (Tony Gentilcore) – Tony chimes in in support of the Jason Ferrugia article from last recap.
- Exercise and Stress: 6 Strength Training Tips for When You’re Already Overworked (Eric Cressey) – 6 great strategies for getting a good training effect when you’re already stressed.
- The No-Choice Strategy For Success (Chris Shugart) – “If you give yourself too many options you’re actually less likely to achieve your task.” Chris’s strategy for staying on track means removing choices.
- Squat Technique: To Arch or Not to Arch? (Eric Cressey) – Should you arch your back when you squat? Eric Cressey drops knowledge.
- This Supplement Really Does Help Prevent Heart Disease (Dr. Jonny Bowden) – No surprise, it’s fish oil.
- Book Review: The Four Hour Body (Dean Somerset) – Good review of a good book.
Squat Like You Mean It: Tips for a Deeper Squat (Tony Gentilcore vs T-Nation) – Lots of great mobility stuff for squatting deeper, as well as general health