I’m finally back with the first recap since before Christmas! There have been a lot of good articles and blogs posted since then, so hold on to your face. I also managed to re-introduce the “fitness tip of the day” to my Twitter Feed, so if you aren’t following me, you better start.
Posts From FitFinity
- New Year’s Resolution Fitness Checklist – Set an effective resolution this year (that you’ll actually stick to) with the help of these easy fitness checklists.
- 5 Reasons Women Aren’t Getting As Fit As Men – Men do a better job of getting and staying in shape than women, but it doesn’t have to be that way!
Posts From Others
- Top Ten Ways to Jump-Start Weight Loss (Dr. Jonny Bowden)
- Wrecking Balls vs. Brooms (Chris Shugart) – Some actions are wrecking balls (good nutrition). Others are brooms (green tea). Use wrecking balls before you worry about the brooms.
- Bret Contreras’s Youtube Videos – Great collection of informative vids from Bret, lots about correct form
- 5 Exercises You Should Stop Doing… Forever! (Dr. Clay Hyght via T-Nation) – Common exercises that no one should be using.
- Fat Loss Training 101 (Mike Robertson)
- It Aint Strength Training Unless You’re Gettin Strong (Jason Ferruggia) – Don’t over-complicate things. Train to get strong and the rest will follow.
- Are “They” Trying To Kill Us? (Chris Shugart) – “…when you see a dietician coming, run the other way.”
- Conflicting Goals and Unrealistic Expectations (Mike Robertson) – Focus on one goal, or you wont achieve any.
- Aight Stop …….Tabata Time. (Dean Somerset) – Tabata is a powerful protocol for fat loss and overall fitness, but only if you do it right.
- DeFranco Prowler Training (Joe DeFranco via T-Nation) – DeFranco uses the prowler for almost all conditioning in his NFL athletes. Maybe you should use it too.
Daily Fitness Tips From FitFinity
- Eat the whole egg. It’s better for you, and wont hurt your heart or raise your cholesterol
- Brown rice is better than white rice, but that doesn’t mean it’s a health food. It’s still rice.
- Drink water. Nothing else. OK, you can have coffee and tea. With nothing added.
- Glutamine helps with carb cravings. Try it when leaning out.