Lots of great stuff this week!
- FitFinity Holiday Gift Guide – Fitness gifts for everyone on your list. Mostly books, with a few other things thrown in.
- 6 Myths About Six Pack Abs – Think you know all there is to know about abs? Test yourself against these six common ab training myths.
- Five Movements To Make You Hate Life (Tony Gentilcore via T-Nation) – 5 functional strength exercises you’ve probably never done, but probably should.
- Revealed to little acclaim – the pill that prevents cancer (Guardian.co.uk) – Turns out once a day aspirin can reduce overall cancer risk by 20% (and some cancers by 50%). Why aren’t we hearing about it? There’s no money to be made selling aspirin.
- The American Thrust (Bret Contreras) – A slight alteration of the original hip thrust results in better glute activation. Thanks Tim Ferris (author of new book The 4-Hour Body) for getting creative with a Contreras original.
- Miscellaneous Miscellany Monday: The Situation Workout, Weight Belts, and Ginormous Omelets (Tony Gentilcore) – This “miscellaneous” post is full of lots of good stuff, including ridicule of “The Situation’s” new workout DVD, which looks truly abysmal.
- Why You Should Ignore The New Government Report On Vitamin D (Jonny Bowden) – Dr. Jonny dissects the latest government report on Vitamin D, which only studies Vitamin D for bone mass purposes (ignoring its other benefits).
- Why You Shouldn’t Eat Any Meat Except Grass-Fed! (Jonny Bowden) – We’ve been over this one before. Meat raised on grain isn’t healthy meat.
- Grab Your Balls (Jim “Smitty” Smith) – Not as inappropriate as it sounds. Smitty gives us a great addition to our warms – this one involves two tennis balls.
- Fish Oil: Why More Isn’t Better (Brian St. Pierre) – The one wins the “shocker of the week” award. Apparently, high doses of EPA (one of the two omega-3s in fish oil) can suppress the immune system to some extend. The pros still outweigh the cons by a wide margin, so BSP recommends keeping your supplementation to 1-2 grams of combined EPA and DHA per day.
- Strategies For Correcting Bad Posture, Part 4 (Eric Cressey) – The final post in this series contains links to all of them. If you haven’t read through all 4, you should. It’s great stuff.
- The Importance Of Training Barefoot (Martin Rooney) – “It’s not the shoe on the foot – It’s the foot in the shoe that makes the difference!” Strengthen your feet by training barefoot whenever possible. Be sure to start gradually though – they aren’t used to all that work
Post more in the comments! I know I missed some good stuff this week…