Hope everyone has had a restful Thanksgiving, and that no one got trampled yesterday while shopping for Cabbage Patch Dolls or whatever it is you kids are in to these days. I myself have spent some time off with my family in North Carolina, and avoided Black Friday shopping like the plague.
Posts From FitFinity:
- Holiday Fitness: Nutritional Tips – Continuing the series of holiday fitness info, we did nutrition this week. Moral of the story: use common sense.
- Portable Sunshine: Vitamin D – Vitamin D is the new cool kid on the supplement block. In addition to making you much less susceptible to upper-respiratory infections (cold and flu), it has a host of other benefits. If you aren’t taking it, you probably should be.
Posts From Others:
- Random Training Thoughts via UGSS 2010 (Mike Robertson) – Mike attended Underground Strength Session at Elite Fitness and came back with knowledge bombs for everyone! Lots of random stuff on getting strong.
- The Skinny on Fat Loss (Dean Somerset) – Good article on basic fat loss. I especially liked his treatment (bashing) of the “target heart rate zone,” which we all know to be crap.
- Do Work (Up), Son! (Jason Ferruggia) – JF thinks advanced lifters should “work up” to their working weight, rather than doing straight sets. His method is similar to Christian Thibaudeau’s ramping. I like it.
- Fall Recipes to Spice Up Your Life (Brian St. Pierre) – Three tasty recipes to add to your diet this fall/winter. Beef stew? Chili? Yes, please.
Post more below. Safe travels everyone!