We’ve got two weeks worth of articles today, so even more fitness goodness concentrated into one post! Because there are so many, I split them up into categories for your convenience. Let me know in the comments if you like the new format.
- You Just Got Served (Bret Contreras via Tony Gentilcore) – Bret mounts a valiant defense of the squat, particularly their use in women. Get to squatting!
- Squat, Deadlift, and Hip Thrust Form (Bret Contreras) – A great follow-up to the previous post, this one by Bret covers the basics of performing each of these incredible lower body exercises. Required reading for any lifter.
- Strength Training & The Endurance Athlete (Tony Gentilcore) – Tony explains the necessity of weight training for endurance athletes. Lifting only makes you better at your sport!
- Gluteal Goddess Workout (Bret Contreras) – Great post about getting a great butt. Bret takes us through some sample glute workouts and provides a training video from one of his figure competitors.
- Symptoms vs Cause (Tony Gentilcore) – Tony points out the problems of therapy and exercise prescription which doesn’t focus on the root cause of pain and injury. Attack the cause!
- Can A Statin Neutralize The Cardiovascular Risk Of Unhealthy Dietary Choices? (Whole Health Source) – NO! Stephan at WHS beats up an article that has the audacity to recommend this. The concept makes me sick. “I’ll have a Big Mac with a side of statin!”
- How To Eat To Build Muscle (Chad Waterbury) – Title pretty much sums this one up. Chad knows what he’s talking about too.
- The Diet Wars: The Saga Continues (Jonny Bowden) – Jonny evaluates a study which points out the cardiovascular benefits of a high fat, low carb diet.
- Beautiful Badasses (Nia Shanks) – Nia’s nice tribute to strong, feminine, beautiful women who kick ass in the gym. Motivating for men and women!
- No More Pretty Please (Chris Shugart) – Chris thinks it’s time to stop asking your body nicely to change and start kicking its ass! I agree.
- A Little Dose Of Tough Love (Tony Gentilcore) – One of Tony’s clients guest posts on the deception in the women’s fitness world: some of it self-deception.
If you’re interested in seeing posts like these (and more) on a daily basis, follow me on twitter!