After a long hiatus from sharing the collective wisdom of the fitness community, I’m back from all my travels and back to business. The list is longer than normal this week, since I have quite a backlog of articles to share. I’ve pruned it down to only the very best though, so read on!
- The Ups And Downs Of Yoga – While yoga has a few things going for it, it probably isn’t going to build the lean, sexy body you’re looking for.
- Define Your Goals: “Toning” – “Toning” is an ambiguous word which encourages the use of pink dumbbells. Resist.
- 5 Reasons To Stop Running – Everyone’s favorite way to “get in shape” is really far from the best body sculptor. One of my most popular posts to date!
- Bulking For Skinny Guys – A few simple rules for skinny guys looking to get hyoooge.
- Basic Core Training: The Transversus Abdominis – Guest author Stephanie Caudle drops knowledge on core training basics.
- Top 10 Ways To Cut Back On Sugar (Dr. Jonny Bowden) – 10 great ways to cut sugar out of your diet, essential for those interested in lasting leanness.
- Fat Or Carbs: Which Is Worse? (Dr. Andrew Weil) - Legendary high-carber Dr. Weil has switched his position! Welcome to the light side.
- How Much Protein Do You Really Need? (Joel Marion) – Joel points out that it makes more sense to look at how much is “optimal” vs how much is “needed.” And it’s a lot.
- Boost Immunity With This Super Vitamin (Dr. Jonny Bowden) – Vitamin D, in addition to doing everything else, also boosts your immunity. If you aren’t taking it, you’re shooting yourself in the foot. Or worse.
- Distance Running – Is It Healthy? (Mike Robertson) – Answer: not really. Informal research review by Mike R. (see: 5 Reasons To Stop Running)
- What Makes Muscle, Keeps Muscle. Why Women Should Lift Heavy Things (Tony Gentilcore) – Title says it all.
- Megan Fox’s Butt (Bret Contreras) – It’s not so good… Seriously. Bret “the glute guy” Contreras shows us how to fix that.
Bret’s 13 year old niece has better glutes than you do.
Did I miss anything great over the past few weeks? What was your favorite FitFinity post on this list? Leave them in the comments!